Two important updates have been made regarding local orders.
First, the City & County of Denver updated its guidelines regarding real estate showings. According to denvergov.org, real estate showings/closings may continue [in the City & County of Denver] subject to the following provisions:
- Open houses are not permitted
- Properties must be vacant, with no one living there, unless the only occupant in the home is the owner and not a rental tenant (in other words, no showings in properties with tenants)
- Social Distancing requirements must be followed at all times
- All commonly-used surfaces must be wiped down and sanitized before and after the showings.
Second, Boulder County Public Health has also made changes on its website, bouldercounty.org. In-person real estate showings [in Boulder County] are permitted under the following conditions:
- Unoccupied (vacant) homes and land only
- Appointment only (no open houses)
- Masks required for all participants
- Number of in-person participants limited to the greatest extent possible
- Participation by children is strongly discouraged
- Social Distancing Requirements are met at all times
- From the Order: Social Distancing Requirements. To reduce the risk of disease transmission, individuals shall maintain at least a six-foot distance from other individuals, wash hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or using hand sanitizer, cover coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands), regularly clean high-touch surfaces, and not shake hands.
- Must otherwise adhere to all guidance on social distancing
- Must maintain 6 feet of distance from customers when showing houses
- Must maintain a detailed log of customer interactions in case contact tracing becomes necessary. This log should include name, date, and location of contact, as well as the contact’s phone number and/or email address.
- Must provide gloves and masks for any customer interactions
- Should perform tasks remotely or virtually whenever possible, including pre- and post-visit conferences
What else should buyers and sellers and their agents know during COVID-19?
To find more information about COVID-19 as it relates to the Denver real estate market, check out our blog posts exploring the questions, How has the virus affected the Denver Real Estate Market so far? and What are the logistics of buying and selling homes during a quarantine?
We are closely monitoring real estate industry news amid the changes and challenges of COVID-19. If you would like to have the latest updates delivered directly to your inbox, sign up for our email list now.